Notes from an artist trying to make her way through life in this crazy proffession

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here Come the Whales!!!


So I have been kind of quiet for the last few days because I have been cutting and glueing and cutting some more! I then had to do photos and get them all ready to go. Unfortunately I have to get more photographing done as some of the pictures are showing smudges on the glass in the frames and glue that I missed when I was cleaning up the whales.


So here they are, some cutie whales, ready to be sold!

I love this paper cutting, it just mellows me right out and makes me feel happy. Some came out better than others but they are all equally sweet.

It was Mikes Idea to use the maps to cut some of the whales from, he is pretty smart, I guess that's why I keep him around. I am going to keep cutting stuff out and see what else I can come up with. Hopefully I will sell some of these little guys. cross your fingers! Here are the rest of them. Please let me know what you think of them, I would love some feedback!






























3 comments:

stevencjh said...

those whales were cut from paper? just amazing! have you ever seen the traditional Chinese papercutting? they can do some more complicated paper cut.

Jennifer Tilley-Voegtle said...

I have seen the chinese paper cutting, it is magnificent! I am just starting and going on the idea of silhouettes at this time,but I am considering moving further into more complicated cutting. Thanks for the comment!!!!! I realy appreciate it!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

too Cute! Are you using a pattern or just free hand??? too cute...love the papers you picked out. Good idea Mike!
everything vintage
{still in TX...just peeking in}